What to expect at your appointment...
Or view it on YouTube here.
*The information on this page, superceeds any information we have listed anywhere else on our website*
Under the most recent announcements from Governor Cooper, Asheville Hair Design Inc. will reopen on Tuesday June 2nd, with strict sanitation and social distancing guidelines.
We understand many have anxiety and fears regarding coming to the salon. Our plan to reopen takes into account all of those fears combined with economic concerns. If you are comfortable with the guidelines we have set, we welcome you and look forward to serving you. Our safety protocols incorporate standards set by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology and the CDC to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases, many of which we implemented in March prior to closing.
We are not accepting walk-ins. All appointments will be scheduled and confirmed ahead of time. We ask that you utilize our email communications by sending your name, services needed, preferred service provider, and any scheduling limitations. We will respond as soon as we can. You can reach us at Appointments@AshevilleHairDesign.com .
As some stores and companies are providing special times for High Risk and Immniocompromised, we are reserving Thursdays. We understand this may not always work with everyone's schedule, but we'd like to try and do our best to accommodate those who need it.
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Even if you have confirmed your appointment via text or email, you will still be receiving a call from us and it is very important that you answer. We will be doing phone consultations the day before and we will be making sure to put aside/order the product you need as well as making sure we have your current credit card information. We will no longer be accepting Checks or Cash in the interim. Our goal to to cut down contact as much as possible to keep us all safe while still doing our best to provide you with the top level experience you are used to.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Please be on time.
- Please bring your own mask. It is mandated by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology and Buncombe County that all “clients and service providers should wear face masks to the extent possible while receiving services.” If you do not have your own mask, one will be provided to you for a nominal fee.
- Please stay in your car with the air conditioning on, so we can measure the most accurate temperature reading. We are diligently working to sanitize all touch-points between every client. Call us when you arrive for your appointment, 828-274-4006. Once your stylist is ready and their station is sanitized, we will greet you at the door to take your temperature and go over our waiver and have you sign confirming you answered “no” to the following questions:
- Do you have a pending COVID-19 test?
- Have you had a cough?
- Have you had a fever?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
ASHEVILLE HAIR DESIGN SAFETY PROTOCOL
Please stay home if you are or have been ill. You may notify us via email or phone if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment…828-274-4006. We are not charging for late cancellations at this time.
All employees will have their temperature measured upon arrival to salon. Any employee registering a temperature 99° and above will be sent home immediately.
All employees will wear masks and will have face shields at the shampoo bowl.
All clients will have their temperature taken upon arrival with a laser thermometer. Any client with a temperature 99° and above will not be permitted to receive services.
Clients must have signed the waiver stating they have answered “no” to the following questions:
1. Do you have a pending COVID-19 test?
2. Have you had a cough?
3. Have you had a fever?
4. Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
5. Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
6. All clients must have on a mask/facial covering upon entering the salon. Please bring your own or we have one available for purchase.
7. We ask that you limit the belongings you bring into the salon but recommend you bring your own bottled drink/snack if you are high risk.
8. Stations in our salons are 6 feet from the next.
9. All stations, tools, and shampoo bowls are sanitized with CDC-approved disinfectants between each guest.
11. We will not be performing styling/drying on existing clients at this time. Cuts/Color/Highlights will be processed and shampoo/conditioned and sent out damp.
12. Our team washes their hands frequently, per the CDC guidelines of 20 seconds with soap and hot water, as well as between every client and after removing gloves.
13. Each client will be given a fresh smock and/or cape to wear during services.
14. Stylist will wear a fresh apron between every client serviced.
15. All linens and towels are laundered after a single use.
16. All hard surfaces like door handles, telephones and reception counters are disinfected hourly, at a minimum, based on traffic.
17. We have temporarily suspended serving beverages or offering magazines. Please consider bringing your own beverage/snack if you're high risk.
18. There is no waiting permitted in the lobby areas. Clients are to call their salon upon arrival. We will greet you at the door when your stylist is ready for your appointment. 828-274-4006.
19. Credit card machines will have sanitizing wipes to be used with each checkout.
20. You may still add gratuity to your credit card. Our salon team will be sure your stylist receives your gratuity.
21. We will refrain from handing out any appointment cards, referral cards or other marketing materials. Please be sure to add any future appointments to your calendar.
22. We will refrain from any contact greetings. We look forward to giving handshakes and hugs soon.
23. Only those receiving services are allowed on the cutting floor. Parents to minors over the age of 9 years old should wait in their cars, friends and family are not permitted at this time.
24. Our staff has been retrained on essential infection control and safe hygiene practice.
25. If you would like to make a retail purchase, please ask for assistance to limit contact with retail shelves.
26. Product call ins are always welcomed- just shoot us an email and we will call you back to process your payment. We will have a table right outside the door and place your personalized bag on it so you can do a curbside pickup~
With these guidelines, and being closed for more than 2 months, we have limited appointment availability. We are diligently working to open stylists’ books and stagger appointments to allow social distancing in the salons. Please be patient. We look forward to serving you, safely.
Tricia, Aralei, and Joey